Loving Beauty becomes a quick recipe to hoarding. The sad reality is brands are coming out with products at such a high rate you begin to acquire an excess amount of product in order to “keep up”. So for 2014 I began to make a conscience effort to finish everything I buy. Below I feature all me February 2014 Empties.
1. Venus Embrace Sensitive: Love these razors !
2. Amlactin Ultra : I have super ultra dry skin and this sticky mess is amazing at night. It is a heavy formula and takes awhile to absorb, so I only use it at night, but it is worth the hassle for its incredible results.
3. Nexxus Condition Pro-Mend Split End I loved the smell so much but the product itself didn’t really do anything. I found that it did dry out my hair instead of repairing my split ends.
4.M-A-C Gently Off Eye & Lip Makeup Remover – This is an oil and Damascus rose water blend. It is super gentle and wont irritate your eyes. There is no need to rinse your face after using the product making it super convenient when in a hurry. I would repurchase this product because it is both effective and gentle.
5. Eucerin Smoothing Repair Body Lotion: I really disliked this product. I am willing to marinate my skin in a greasy mess if the end results are glowing moisturized skin, but this product fell short. Once the product was absorbed I did not see a difference.
6. Clear Care: I absolutely love this product to clean my contacts. I’ve been using it for years. I am allergic to contact saline and Clear Care is a solution that does the trick.
7.CVS Nail Polish Remover This product made removing my nail polish a longer process than necessary. I would not repurchase this product.
8. Beauty Secrets Base Coat I did a product review on a previous post but after using this a few more time the drying time and tackiness was simply too annoying to deal with.
9. Derma E Refining Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub This product is very similar to St.Ives Apricot Scrub. It leaves my skin feeling great and over time changed the appearance of my skin. I use this in the shower to improve dull looking skin on my arms and legs. The product is a bit coarse (I prefer micro- bead exfoliators for my face seeing as it is less abrasive) so I only use it for my body.
10. Neutrogena Anti-Residu Shampoo This shampoo has a deep cleaning formula. It strips away oil or product build up. It’s great to use once a week so that your products work their best. DISCLAIMER: This will strip hair dye.
11. Korres Milk Proteins Makeup Wipes What can I say, I love these wipes. They are really gentle on your skin and have an awesome make up removing power. An additional plus is that they do not leave your skin sticky or shiny. They are perfect to use as a makeup removal wipe or to clean your face after a workout. I first purchased these at Sephora, but HSN has them at an awesome price. I will re-purchase this product through HSN.
Overall I feel I made a good dent. Unfortunately the majority of my February 2014 Empties were skincare and personal care related. My goal for March will be on Makeup.
So what are your February 2014 Empties? I’d love to hear about your product favorites.