Urban Decay has the ability to toy with my heart like a hot guy on a summer’s day. Dramatic? I think not. The new Urban Decay Smokey Eyeshadow Palette was something I’ve been avoiding. Do I really need a new palette? No. . . but in my defense, it’s not a “Nudes” palette. By golly, it felt as though ever release this spring was a Nudes palette.
The new Naked Palette has a re-vamped magnetic closure. Long are the days of that repulsive packaging we were subject to in the NAKED 2 and NAKED 3 Palettes. This palette is sleek and artistic, with a rather generous mirror.
The palette can be purchased on the Urban Decay Site (Currently Sold Out), Sephora, Ulta and Macy’s ( Online: July 12th, In Stores: July 16th) and retails for $54.00
Each palette contains 12 – 0.05 oz shadows and a double ended makeup brush. (Tapered Crease Brush on one side and Smoky Smudger Brush on the other).
From Left to Right:
1. High – Champagne Shimmer w/ Micro-Glitter
2. Dirtysweet – Medium Bronze -Glitter
3. Radar – Metallic Taupe w/ Iridescent Micro-Glitter
4. Armor – Metallic Silver – Taupe w/ Tonal Sparkle
5. Slanted – Light Metallic Gray
6. Dagger – Medium Charcoal w/ Micro Shimmer
7. Black Market – Jet Black Satin
8. Smolder – Deep Plum-Saupe
9. Password – Cool Taupe Matte
10. Whiskey – Rich Brown Matte
11. Combust – Soft Pink – Taupe
12. Thirteen – Light Beige Satin
As you can see, each shadow is both beautiful and practical. This palette is universally designed for the collector or makeup novice seeing as you can get away with only owning this palette.
Will you be joining the masses in this purchase? As soon as I convinced myself to pull the trigger, it was sold out on the Urban Decay Website… maybe it’s a sign I want it, or a sign I shouldn’t get it . . . or simply, the unavoidable fact that I must wait.