Earlier this month, the Metropolitan Museum of Art hosted the annual Costume Institute Gala. Considered the “It” Fashion event of the year, the fundraiser celebrates the grand opening of the Costume Institute’s annual Fashion Exhibit. The night calls for Beauty and Fashion to take center stage for our personal enjoyment. This year, at the Met Gala, we see trends shift in the Beauty Industry. Margaret Qualley, Actress in HBO’s “The Leftovers” embodies such trends.
Makeup artist Talia Sparrow for It Cosmetics was inspired by the idea of “natural beauty, with originality.”
Talia Sparrow accentuated Margaret Qualley’s natural beauty instead of concealing or altering her features. The natural beauty trend seen at the Met Gala is possibly considered the Anti-Instagram Makeup movement. We no longer are seeing over carved eyebrows, dramatic contour, heavy eye makeup or full coverage foundation on the red carpet. Instead we’re seeing natural brows, skin, glowing cheeks and jewel toned eyeshadow.
The natural beauty trend might possibly be the Anti-Instagram Makeup movement.
What’s even more beautiful is that anyone can achieve this look. Below, Talia Sparrow explains the steps needed to achieve this look at home.
Skin Prep Steps:
- First cleanses the face with Bye Bye Makeup Melting Balm
- Gently massage IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream™ into the skin.
- Apply IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Eye Cream™ to the under eye area using your ring finger.
- Apply Bye Bye Pores Primer to the entire face starting at the center and blending outward
Makeup Look Steps:
- Apply IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better™ CC+™ Cream with SPF 50+ in Fair using a damp IT Sponge and blend out using the Heavenly Skin Full Coverage Foundation Brush #703
- Apply IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye™ Concealerin Fair using ring finger and blend out using brush.
- Use fluffy eye shadow brush to apply IT Cosmetics Superhero Eye Transforming Anti-Aging Super Palette in shade Confidence.
- Using fingers, apply IT Cosmetics CC+® RADIANCE VITALITY BRIGHTENING CRÈME DISC bronzer and blush shades to cheeks and blend.
- Set blush for longer wear with IT Cosmetics Ombré Radiance Blush™
- Apply IT Cosmetics BUILD-A-BROW™ in Dark Brown in feathery stokes using Heavenly Luxe Brow Brush #12,lengthen brow using IT Cosmetics Brow Power™ Universal Eyebrow Pencil
- Apply NEW Confidence in Your Glow using Heavenly Skin One-Sweep Wonder Brush #705 in an upward sweeping motion to cheek bones.
- Give lashes 5 coats usingIT Cosmetics Hello Lashes™ 5-in-1 Mascara
- Set foundation with Celebration Foundation in Fair
- Apply Blurred Lines™ Smooth-Fill Lipstick in Naturally Pretty to lips
Will you attempt to recreate the Makeup look Talia Sparrow for It Cosmetics created on Margaret Qualley for the Met Ball?